Job Opening - Panglao Island, Philippines
Apnea Total, AIDA, or SSI master freediving instructor and school manager
Conservation Freedivers Bohol (CFB) is opening a job position for an Apnea Total, AIDA, or SSI master / level 3 freediving instructor and experienced school manager to start immediately in Panglao Island, Philippines.
This challenging job position will involve developing the freediving activities of the center and managing its day-to-day operations, including courses, marketing and social media, sales, accounting, and administrative issues.
We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated individual with previous experience managing a freedive center. Excellent people skills and knowledge of the field are required.
Priority will be given to individuals with work or volunteer experience in environmental or social fields.
About Conservation Freedivers Bohol:
CFB is a newly established conservation and freediving center, which offers paid conservation, coral monitoring, and rehabilitation courses as well as freediving courses (Apnea Total, AIDA, & SSI).
Apart from sharing the passion for freediving and raising awareness about environmental concerns amongst the visitors of the island, the primary objective of the center is to logistically and financially support the Apnea Green Organization, a non-profit environmental organization which acts to protect marine resources and benefit local communities in the Philippines.
CFB itself is a non-stock (as in no owners), non-profit organization, and all the profit generated will be donated to the Apnea Green Organization in order to finance its activities.
Accomplished freediving instructor level 3 (master instructor), with an active status under Apnea Total and/or AIDA, and/or SSI.
- At least one previous job experience in developing and managing the different aspects of a freediving or scuba diving school, ideally in the Philippines.
- Proactive, dynamic, and autonomous, willing to commit for the long term in a partnership-like collaboration.
- Able to efficiently manage a team of people and create a positive and professional atmosphere in the center.
- Interested in the environmental aspects and motivated to work for an organization with a non-for-profit environmental goal.
- Providing high-quality freediving courses following the highest standards according to the different certifying agencies (Apnea Total, AIDA, or SSI).
- Planning and organizing day-to-day activities.
- In charge of client relations.
- HR management of local staff, internal instructors, external instructors, and contractors.
- Administrative management in collaboration with the external lawyer.
- Handling the day-to-day accounting in collaboration with the external bookkeeper.
- Logistics management and maintenance of the infrastructure and material.
- Management of the shop, stock, and supply chain.
- Social media updates and development of local communication campaigns.
- Attend the board of directors meetings and report on the freediving activities of the center.
- Excellent people management skills and the spirit of teamwork.
- Ability to translate a strategic vision into a proper plan of action.
- Autonomous, organized, proactive, and creative.
- Calm, positive, and solutions-oriented.
- Flexible and able to easily adapt to new situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experienced with computer tools in general and social media in particular.
- Basic accounting skills.
- At least three years of experience as a freediving instructor, Apnea Total or AIDA master instructor, or SSI instructor level 3 minimum.
- At least three years of experience in in a similar job position as a project management, ideally in the management of a freediving or a scuba dive center, ideally in the Philippines.
- Experience launching a scuba or freediving center is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum; previous professional experience will be considered as an alternative.
- High fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Bisaya and/or Tagalog is a plus.
- French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- Answering customer demands through email, social media, telephone, walks-in, etc.
- Activity planning: efficient course planning to maximize the number of students per course.
- Optimization of resources (material, infrastructure, HR) according to planning.
- Organizing and executing freediving courses (discovery, beginner, advanced, and master level), following the highest standards from the different freediving agencies.
- Human resources management: day-to-day staff supervision (employees, interns, internal instructors, external instructors); definition of the planning of the HR needs.
- Administrative management: in collaboration with the lawyer, update the different administrative issues regarding the center (mayor’s permit, taxes, accounting, insurance, …) and the staff (work permits, social security, taxes, …).
- Logistics management: follow up and maintain the material and infrastructure; management of the shop, supply chain, and stock to avoid any disruption.
- Implementation of the safety rules: setup of the infrastructure; follow-up and maintenance of the safety material; customer briefing, staff supervision.
- Reporting: compile a monthly report summarizing the freediving activities, accounting balance, administrative, HR, legal issues, logistic activities, etc. Define the forthcoming needs and elaborate on the proper budget plan accordingly.
- Supervision of the master students program: supervision in the water at least once a week; definition of a weekly training methodology; generating a positive group atmosphere.
- A challenging, purpose-driven job position in Panglao, the South Asian capital of freediving and the fastest-growing freediving hub in the word.
- An above-average fixed salary for the sector plus a generous part of the profit share. We are looking for a partnership, not an employee. The partner participates in the long-term development of the school while benefiting directly from this.
- Unlimited training possibilities with an unlimited depth accessible from the shore; a workload allowing training time in addition to the professional responsibilities.
- Long-term contract after a trial period of six months.